Lifestyles can be healthy or unhealthy, it’s your choice which one you adopt, but the point here is, WHY most lifestyles fail?
“You should never regret anything in life, if it’s good it’s wonderful, if it’s bad its experience.”
Generally, we see when there comes a New Year, people make a lot of new resolutions as well. They start thinking about different ideas to make some changes to their lifestyle. In my opinion the change you are making should make you happy and healthy and should be full of passion. You want to shake things up in your life or simply want to make resolutions to try new things, it’s great, sometimes we give ourselves tough time to do something. But Why?
The problem is we start off so strong and motivated. With high intentions we want to change up our lifestyle but after a week or so we suddenly feel very lazy and disappointed of this new routine and fall off. It’s a nature of human that it resists change.
“Always remember to fall asleep with a dream and wake up with a purpose.”
Failing of lifestyle has many reasons, I summarized few points for you:
1. Setting up goals is super easy but it’s quite tough to make them happen. So what should we do? Set our intentions, break our old habits and adopt new ones. Change is difficult but sometimes it’s crucial.
2. First of all, as we face some challenges in life we easily get thrown off because of our thinking that why we want this change work. We have our doubts may be its not genuine and viable for us.
3. Mostly lifestyle fail because of ego desires and weal passion and love for it.
4. We don’t have true knowledge of importance of health and we think it’s much easier to maintain it rather boost it. We solely focus on maintaining it.
5. Dividing the challenge to change in parts is very important to make it work. We sometimes bite off more than we can chew. We have great ideas but we try to do everything at once and that is also one of the main causes of failure.
6. We judge ourselves too quickly.
7. We follow others, copy them hence making no efforts whatsoever from our end thinking if they have succeeded in something, we shall succeed in it as well.
“To reach your greatest potential, you’ll have to fight your greatest fears.”
You have to make bearable and justifiable lifestyle changes that over the time push you towards a true caring, love and passionate lifestyle. Don’t do it simply because of materialistic or appealing reasons. Stop judging yourself and believe in your results. Results don’t show up in 24 hours or 24 days, let’s give it some time and they will appear slowly but surely. Please stick with the new habits as they show results after sometime. “Give time sometime”. Working on flowing our observation or finding limiting belief systems within ourselves about making changes is all part of the process, face those sensitivities, head on and work through them as best as you can.
“It’s okay to fail; it’s not okay to quit.” – Chris Gardner.
Diet comes in lifestyle. So for it you must have healthy habits instead you jump from one diet to another it’s better to shed those extra pounds and keep them apart. Try to achieve a transformation that lasts longer. Up to 80% people who lose weight end up gaining most or all of it back, so you need to prevent that from happening. Diets rob us of certain nutrients, therefore we end up eating more and unhealthy mostly.
Changing eating habits causes headaches, laziness, fatigue, disturbed mental health, confusion and irritate us. Carbohydrates are very important for our health and by cutting them off from our daily diet and other calories deficiency can seriously harm our body and mind.
“Eating well is a form of self-respect.”
Being hungry doesn’t indicate that you have lost weight. Your basic aim is to find foods that are healthy and good for your health. That provides you with fiber, proteins, vitamins and good carbs. Major lifestyle fail is starving yourself. Do not skip meals! This will automatically cause you to eat more when you feel hungry.
Planning your meals is the best way, however people claim to have no time for it and I don’t agree with them. If your health is important for you than you must have to do it. You can start with portion control, and generally move towards your goal.
“Dreams don’t work unless you do.”
You can make smooth purchases of products which are already divided up into portions, such as single serve almond pouches, yogurt cups. This makes it easy to grab and go.
To save yourself from headache and fatigues you prepare your meals beforehand when you have time, store them in air tight jars and keep them in refrigerators. I am sure they will last for a week.
Record of people failing in lifestyle is increasing day by day for the same reasons. They want their lifestyle to change but are not ready to change their life vision and lifestyle habits. Their life is out of alignment. This leads to poor energy, low focus and more frustration.
“Make it a lifestyle not a duty, so you can enjoy it.”